A lot of us are spending a lot of time at home lately. And one way we've found to fill all our extra time is with home projects like rearranging furniture, freshening up a room with a new coat of paint, and even large-scale renovations.
As you've made changes around the house, you may have noticed a room or two that could benefit from more natural light or a nice breeze every now and then. Which may have led you to think, "Hey, why not skylights?" After all, they're a great natural lighting alternative to lamps and overhead lights, and they can help maintain your ideal indoor climate while contributing to your home's overall energy efficiency. Talk about a win-win, right?
On the other hand, skylights can be a big project to take on, so you want to make sure you've got your bases covered. The first step toward that is booking an online, totally virtual - and totally free - consultation with a VELUX expert.
VELUX Virtual Consultations
Wherever you are on your skylight journey, a virtual consultation is a helpful step in turning your To-Do into a Ta-Da. In your virtual meeting, a member of our team of VELUX design consultants will use their extensive experience in placement optimization and skylight functionality to help you map out exactly where skylights will best fit in your home. They can also recommend the best skylight model for all your wants and needs, as well as a certified installer in your area.
Schedule your virtual consultation whenever works best for you. And don't forget, it's 100% free so you can easily discover the perfect daylight and fresh air solution for any room in your home.
5 Questions to Consider
Before you start your design consultation, there are a few things to consider ahead of time to help your consultant make the best recommendations for your project. To be as prepared as possible for your consultation, consider these five questions beforehand:
- Where do you want to add skylights? Practically any room can have a skylight, but not all skylights are created equally for all rooms. Based on where you want skylights, your consultant will review options for traditional skylights, Sun Tunnel® Skylights, and roof windows.
- How do you use this room? Are you installing in a bedroom where you may need room-darkening accessories at certain times? Will your skylights go in your kitchen or bathroom where ventilation may be needed? VELUX skylights are multifunctional, so think about all the ways you'll use your skylight to get the best choice for you.
- Is your ceiling flat or vaulted? Whether vaulted or flat, your ceilings can accommodate skylights. You may just need to be prepared for a bit more drywall work depending on your situation.
- How big is the room? Measure the length and width of the room where you're installing to determine the square footage. This will help your consultant provide options for the number and size of skylights that'll fit.
- What direction does the roof exterior face? In other words, in the room where you want to install skylights, does the roof above it face north, south, east, or west? The direction of this area of the roof will determine when and what kind of light comes through a skylight.
Book Your Consultation
If you have any other questions about skylights, don't hesitate to ask during your consultation! In addition to being daylight experts, our skylight design consultants are technical experts, so they can help you understand exactly how our products work, as well as explain about accessories and our warranty information. Ready to talk to someone? Schedule your very own appointment today!