Hey, we get it: you're busy. And it helps to have all your help in one place. That's why we've compiled a list of some of the best resources for architects, builders, remodelers, and others in the skylight, daylighting, and residential and commercial building industries.
Resources for Architects & Designers
- American Institute of Architects (AIA); Voice of the architecture profession, the AIA is dedicated to serving its members and advancing their value, as well as improving the quality of the built environment.
- American Institute of Building Design (AIBD); The nationally recognized association of professional building designers.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID); The leading organization for interior design professionals.
- House Plans Design Direct Publishing, LLC; Featuring a portfolio of talented designers, this company provides two-story home plans with spacious layouts with contemporary, traditional, country, craftsman, and European exteriors.
Resources for Home Builders
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB); Based in Washington, DC, this trade association represents more than 215,000 residential home building and remodeling industry members. Known as "the voice of the housing industry," NAHB is also affiliated with more than 800 state and local home builders around the country.
- International Code Council (ICC); To provide the highest quality codes, standards, products, and services, the ICC provides code updates and other services for all concerned with the safety and performance of the built environment.
Resources for Home Improvements & Remodeling
- Home Ideas; This website is dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information about home improvement products and services.
- eBuild; Published by Hanley Wood, LLC, the leading media company in the residential construction industry, this comprehensive, interactive catalog makes researching and comparing products fast and easy.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI); An organization of high-quality remodeling professionals, NARI connects homeowners with its professional members and provides tips and tricks for a positive remodeling experience.
Resources for Energy Efficiency & Green Building
- ENERGY STAR; This government-backed program helps businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency.
- The Green Building Initiative™ (GBI); A not-for-profit organization, GBI's mission is to accelerate the adoption of building practices that result in energy-efficient, healthier, and environmentally sustainable buildings by promoting credible and practical green building approaches for residential and commercial construction.
- National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC); NFRC is a nonprofit, public/private organization created by the window, door, and skylight industry. Comprised of manufacturers, suppliers, builders, architects, designers, specifiers, code officials, and utilities and government agencies, the NFRC provides consistent ratings on window, door, and skylight products.
- US Green Building Council (USGBC); The USGBC is a nonprofit organization that certifies sustainable businesses, homes, hospitals, schools, and neighborhoods. They're dedicated to expanding green building practices and education and sponsor the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™.
We're sure you'll find the help you need as well as some fresh ideas from these resources. And remember you can always count on VELUX to have all the information you need about skylights, roof windows, and sun tunnels!